Any WD News?

From: Jose Ramirez <joseram@empirenet.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 07:26:17 -0700
To: public-tt@w3.org

Hi,

Is there any work on providing a Core set of features that can be
implemented by a couple of SMIL players, that can make it to a
Recommendation status? Going though all this work to end up with
a W3C note, I don't think will solve the problem of supplying a standard
Timed Text format.

Maybe there's a plan there at the W3C where Timed Text is interim format
and the standard multimedia document is SVG+SMIL+SomethingElse but I
think simple recommendations that can be fully implemented will keep
the Web from becoming Flash based.

Good Luck,
Jose Ramirez

Keep the Web alive,