RE: TT and subtitling

From: Glenn A. Adams <glenn@xfsi.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 15:03:33 -0500
To: "Chris Lilley" <chris@w3.org>, <public-tt@w3.org>
Cc: <Johnb@screen.subtitling.com>

I agree that if there is support for path drawing, then it is easy.
However, I think we are far from assuming that TT will mandate
support for path drawing. It is in this context that I am thinking
that support for an outline rasterizer may be construed as be
a significant burden.

We shall have to see whether or not we end up with support for
svg:path or not. It may be that even support for SVG's Basic Shapes
is too much to require on some devices.

We may need to handle this through a profiling process.

G.