Re: And a cold silence filled the room...

As I read the resolution, it still requires that the authoring formats be
translatable into the many streaming formats.  It is therefore my
assumption that if there is a function in stream encoding X, then it is
minimally a candidate for inclusion in the authoring format.  The authoring
syntax and encoding may be entirely different of course, but the function
has a right to be considered such that it is translatable.

At 08:55 AM 2/26/2003 -0800, Jason Terando wrote:

>Just wondering if I got kicked off the mailing list, or if it went silent
>after the TTWG resolutions...
>
>Since the WG has settled on TT as an authoring format, I was wondering
>about a couple of things.  Is there a list in progress of "display
>attributes" that are going to be supported by TT?  Above and beyond the
>representation of time notation, which has been debated at length, have
>there been any discussions regarding position/coordinate notation,
>justification, color/transparency capabilities, etc.  The Requirements
>document mentions a couple of these things and also mentions EIA-708 sort
>of as a "base functionality" (item #23).

Michael A. Dolan  TerraByte Technology    (619)445-9070
PO Box 1673 Alpine, CA 91903 USA  FAX: (208)545-6564
URL:http://www.tbt.com