Re: Why use time as a unit of measurement? (was: Proposal 0.0)

From: Dave Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:10:46 -0800
To: lists@wiltgen.net, public-tt@w3.org

I think we need to be careful to distinguish the time-layout of the
text itself, from the temporal composition of that with other media.
The question of aligning text events to time-code events in the video
is a composition question, and not strictly related to text at all.

The definition of a time-line for the text can be independent of the
question of how that time-line is aligned with others.

This may be obvious to others...
--
David Singer
Apple Computer/QuickTime