RE: RE : [Moderator Action] Bugs and TT (was TT and subtitling)

It is necessary to distinguish between media play time, such as
represented by the NPT mechanism, and a broadcast transport
stream's program clock reference (PCR). The latter (PCR) is indeed
discontinuous at insertion in/out points; however, the former (NPT)
is not.

In the context of SMIL, it is generally the media time that is
used when expressing syncbase offsets.

Regards,
Glenn