RE: Some comments on the requirements

From: <lists@wiltgen.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 08:25:08 -0800 (PST)
To: <public-tt@w3.org>

Johnb@screen.subtitling.com wrote...

> ...an XML representation might bring advantages - but it should not be a
> pre-requisite.

TT must be XML-based for many reasons, among them (1) tools support, (2)
API support, (3) easy transformation to arbitrary formats using XSL, (4)
integration with other XML applications, etc.

> AFAIK SMIL also doesn't allow the implementation of all of the buffering
> and timing models (outlined by Glenn A. Adams) that are probably required.

From where I sit SMIL would be a good reference to use while defining TT.
It sounds like familiar with SMIL, so can you be more specific?

-- Charles Wiltgen
   <http://playbacktime.com/>