  _____

	From: Johnb@screen.subtitling.com [mailto:Johnb@screen.subtitling.com]
	Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 12:26 PM
	To: Glenn A. Adams
	Cc: public-tt@w3.org

	Glenn,

		The last cue does not select content because I want the animation to affect the content already selected by the previous two cues.

			GA: this would still require selecting content. It would be awkward to have an implicit selection.

			[JB> ] I don't have a problem with selecting the content - I can see how implicit slection could cause complications witrh inherited style etc.

	in your example reproduced below....

	  p { display : none; color: blue }
	<animations>
	  <animation id="a1">
	    <set attributeName="display" to="auto"/>
	  </animation>
	  <animation id="a2">
	    <set attributeName="color" to="red"/>
	  </animation></animations>
	<par>
	  <cue select="id(p1)" use="a1"/>
	  <seq>
	    <cue select="id(w1)" use="a2" dur="1"/>

	    <cue select="id(w2)" use="a2" dur="1"/>
	    <cue select="id(w3)" use="a2" dur="1"/>
	    <cue select="id(w4)" use="a2" dur="1"/>
	    <cue select="id(w5)" use="a2" dur="1"/>
	    <cue select="id(w6)" use="a2" dur="1"/>
	  </seq>
	</par>
	</par>

	Can we dispense with the spans, i.e. is there a way that the select can extract from a single element. BTW Your spans lost the whitespace - unless there is some assumed mechanism for re-inserting it?.

	  Scooby dooby doo where are you?

	regards
	John Birch

	The views and opinions expressed are the author's own and do not necessarily
	reflect the views and opinions of Screen Subtitling Systems Limited.