W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > August 2003

Minutes - 06/19/03 Telecon

From: Glenn A. Adams <glenn@xfsi.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:55:49 -0400
Message-ID: <7249D02C4D2DFD4D80F2E040E8CAF37C03BCC8@longxuyen.xfsi.com>
To: "W3C TT Public" <public-tt@w3.org>


Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 06/19/03

Attendees

  Glenn Adams (XFSI, Chair, Scribe) [GA]
  Mike Dolan (Invited Expert) [MD]
  Geoff Freed (WGBH/NCAM, Invited Expert) [GF1]
  Erik Hodge (RealNetworks) [EH]
  David Kirby (BBC) [DK]
  Dave Singer (Apple) [DS]

Regrets

  Thierry Michel (W3C) [TM]
  Markus Gylling (Daisy) [MG]

Absent

  Gerry Field (WGBH/NCAM, Invited Expert) [GF2]
  Markku Hakkinen (JSRPD) [MH]
  Sean Hayes (Microsoft) [SH]
  George Kerscher (Daisy) [GK]
  Brad Botkin (WGBH/NCAM) [BB]
  Patrick Schmitz (Ludicrum, Invited Expert) [PS]

************************************************************************
Agenda
************************************************************************

1. Action Item Review
2. Open Issues

************************************************************************
1. Action Items Review
************************************************************************

Action: [DS] Will contribute a 3GPP Timed Text example.

[DS] Under way. Will try to obtain an existing example that
was done without TT consideration. Should view as raw material.

Action: [DK] Will contribute spec on AML and example. Will check on
guidelines document.

[DK] Has requested approval to release examples of a clip. Once
permission is received, will transmit. Slight complication on
getting video with subtitles burned in. Would have to work on this
more. Will release other material first.

************************************************************************
3. Open Issue Review
************************************************************************

Issue (I0306-001): Should we support any "float" related style
properties since we allow embedded inline and block graphics?

[GA] Awaiting volunteer to research problem.

Issue (I0306-002): Whether to enhance R403 to include repeat, restart,
fill, and endsync parameters?

[GA] These should be addressed by [MG] and [TM] action items. May be
that we don't need to change REQs, but can merely add in solution spec.

************************************************************************
Next Meeting
************************************************************************

[MD] Regrets for next CC (06/26)
[EH] Regrets for next CC (06/26)
[DS] Possible regrets for next CC (06/26)

************************************************************************
ADJOURNS at 1220h Eastern Time (US)
************************************************************************

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
START SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*** RESOLUTIONS ***

None.

*** OPEN ACTION ITEMS ***

Action: [GA] To construct table of features/requirements for which we
need a volunteer to provide example(s). Also solicit examples based
on existing systems, such as 3GPP, AML, SAMI, etc.

Action: [GA] Change second para of last note of S001 to change
"hearing impaired" to "deaf and hard of hearing".

Action: [GA] Add note under S001 saying that some communities use the
term Subtitling to encompass both uses described here (i.e.,
captioning and subtitling per S000 and S001).

Action: [GA] Ask SVG WG to comment on TT AF REQ WD.

Action: [GA] Craft new text for R221 based on above. Remove
vocabulary.  Leave in informative note refering to TEI as possible
source.

Action: [GA] Investigate how to force line break before or after an
element via style property in a context where CR/NL are being treated
as whitespace for the purpose of automatic wrapping. Q: how to
implement in XSL the following:

e:before { content: "\A" }
e:after { content: "\A" }

when e is an inline element in a block context that performs linefeed
normalization (to space) and does auto wrap?

Action: [MG] Investigate need to add endsync parameter to R403.

Action: [TM] Investigate need to add repeat, restart, fill parameters
to R403.

Action: [GA] Remove editorial notes under R501-R503 without any
further change. These notes are part of the process of defining
solution space.

Action: [GA] Add display style property to R505, and add note that
animation of some properties require reflow (relayout) of content,
e.g., display property.

Action: [GA] Close issue I004; resolution: permit animation of styles
that cause reflow.

Action: [GA] Add note to N506 explaining that "animation of content"
means to change element content via animation, e.g., adding/changing
text() or element children nodes.

Action: [GA] Add note under introduction "Don't Panic! You may not
have to deal with complicated feature X because we plan to profile
via documents types." [Sean's suggestion.]

Action: [GA] I005 is closed by virtual of removal of R606.

Action: [GA] I006 is closed by virtual of removal of R607.

Action: [DS] Will contribute a 3GPP Timed Text example.

Action: [SH] Will contribute SAMI examples.

Action: [DK] Will contribute spec on AML and example. Will check on
guidelines document.

Action: [SH] Will cook AML example as SAMI as a variant example.

Action: [MG] Will contribute Daisy time text example.

Action: [GA] Will contribute some examples showing generic timed text.

Action: [JB] Will check if he can contribute examples.

Action: [TM] Will contribute generic example.

*** OPEN ISSUES ***

Issue (I0306-001): Should we support any "float" related style
properties since we allow embedded inline and block graphics?

Issue (I0306-002: Whether to enhance R403 to include repeat, restart,
fill, and endsync parameters?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
END SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Received on Thursday, 7 August 2003 13:55:50 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 2 November 2009 22:41:27 GMT