Re: Starting the Traffic Event CG

On 07/10/2013 12:05, Daniel Dardailler wrote:
> Hello all
>
> as you can see at http://www.w3.org/community/traffic/, we have now
> clearance to start our activities as a W3C CG.
>
> I think the first thing we should organize is a teleconference call to
> discuss several things: (maybe not in that order)
>   - mutual presentation and interest in the field
>   - nomination of chair or chairs for the CG
>   - creation of a charter for the CG, defining scope, deliverables
>   - identification of other potential players in the field
>   - looking at a timeline for the work
>   - understanding of the CG process/IPR policy

(hit send too fast, sorry)

In order to do that, we need
   - a common slot of one hour or 2 hours
   - a teleconference facility (unfortunately, CGs can't use the W3C
facilities, zakim)

For the slot, I suggest people first give a week target, e.g. the week
of Monday the 14th of October, of that of the 21th, etc. and the time
zone they're in (e.g. I'm in France, CET, currently UTC+01).

and then I can create a doodle for that week with potential times (I
suggest using doodle.com to resolve that)

For the teleconferencing, I'm interested in any free facilities (free
except for the phone calls I'll make to join the teleconference, it
doesn't have to be a 800/free number I mean), since I've always used the
regular W3C services til now and I have no experience here.

In any case, welcome to the CG, and please reply to the list instead of
just to me.