Re: Proposed version of the final TPE Note we plan to publish

I think that it would be valuable to add to the introductory note the notion that Wendy highlighted, namely that in addition to a failure of UAs implementing the extensions as defined, there was a failure of sites to respond to the DNT signal in a meaningful way as well.

I would propose incorporating Wendy’s text

>>>  "insufficient sites showed willingness to adopt the
>>> specification and user-agents discontinued development of
>>> implementations

to the introduction as follows:

This Note is a final outcome of the standardization process by the
Tracking Protection Working Group for the extensions to HTTP known
variously as DNT, Do Not Track, or Tracking Protection Expression.

Since its last publication as a Candidate Recommendation, there has not
been sufficient willingness on the part of sites to adopt the specification nor
any indications of planned support among user agents for the extensions as
defined to justify further advancement. The working group has therefore
decided to conclude its work and republish the final product as this Note,
with any future addendums to be published separately.

Best,
Jason