Re: publishing Tracking Compliance as a Note

Hi Matthias and tpwg,

On Nov 29, 2018, at 3:02 AM, Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) <mts-std@schunter.org> wrote:
> since this was the final vote "do we have consensus" (after a longer
> discussion), I believe that your inputs are a bit late.
>

> I am fine doing some editorial clarifications (your first paragraph).
> However, I believe it is too late to add new claims "this can be used
> for compliance" or endorse certain other compliance documents (while
> omitting others).
>
> If you like you can clarify the paragraph and then we try whether we
> have consensus again.
>
> Would this work for you?

Apologies for my belated input. I wasn’t objecting to any consensus on publishing these as Notes, just trying to give accurate and useful text for the status of the document for future readers.

I’m fine with leaving out the second paragraph if that seems either contentious or like an endorsement.

Cheers,
Nick

Paragraph for status:
> Since its last publication as a Candidate Recommendation in April 2016, there has not been sufficient adoption of the defined compliance practices to justify further advancement, nor have there been widespread indications of planned support among first parties, third parties and service providers. The working group has decided to conclude its work and republish the Compliance document as this Note, with any future addendums to be published separately.

Revision for editor/staff preparing publication: