Re: Options for the future of the TPWG - Discussion needed

I thought Roy resolved this at the last meeting.  We've already submitted
the current (non-purpose supported) version for CR.  Case closed.

Any work the group is doing now is on version 1.1 and net new CR.

I'm supportive of moving forward as quickly as possible to get to a new CR
while pushing v1.0 CR to REC in parallel.  There won't be time for browsers
to build anything in the next ~5 weeks before the end of the year anyway
(removing 2.5 weeks for holidays).

As we now have an emerging view on ePR would it be possible to spin up the
extension process now ahead of the end of the year in parallel as well?  If
yes, then we have the following tracks:

- Move v1.0 RC to REC
- Develop Purposes for v1.1 RC (then move to REC in early 2018)
- Submit extension request for TPWG through mid-2018 (if not the full year
as ePR becomes more real for the tech industry)

Fair?  Thoughts?

- Shane

--
- Shane