Re: status of Tracking Preference Expression (DNT) Editor's Draft

> On Jul 3, 2017, at 9:00 AM, Aleecia M. McDonald <aleecia@aleecia.com> wrote:
>
> Mixed emotions:
>  - some of Roy’s changes are really quite good and will make for a more readable document, among other things.
>  - what sort of broken & hijacked process leads us to non-trivial changes this close to the wire with no ability to review or respond in a sane way?

Sorry, this is just a function of how I allocate my time.
If I had a magic wand, I'd have committed the changes long ago.
[OTOH, if I had a magic wand, I'd have a better solution than DNT.]

As I said, I don't think the spec is ready to be "close to the wire",
even if we were to think of this publication as the "finish line".
But it isn't the finish line, and the right solution is to move the
wire a bit down the line, rather than succumb to arbitrary deadlines
and avoid the necessary task of producing a readable specification.

....Roy