Re: Revised Charter Proposal - Feedback by Oct 26

All,

I tend to agree with Roy on the point that protocols "that frame any
communication so that both parties can understand each other have been
successful". Furthermore, the DNT buildingblocks defining the DNT
protocol in the TPE document may help parties to become comliant with
local law. Whether it is an informed consent legal framework, or
emphasize is put on regulating data use, our task should be to
accommodate all common scenario's which companies need to understand
users and other parties.

A focus on the protocol shows that it could include building blocks that
we have not discussed, e.g., to establish property rights over data, or
transitivity of a user-granted exception between SSP's, DSP's, and/or
DMP's. It all depends on what parties need in order to understand
eachother.

 From the European perspective I hope we can focus on adding metadata to
the protocol such that parties can express the purpose(s) of the data
being processed. Mike and I proposed qualifiers strings, and I hope we
can discuss later on to get a common understanding about them. The TSR
is a great building block in a multi layered approach to (machine
readible) transparency.

Regards,
Rob