Re: Notes from call with EFF on using TPE

> On Oct 4, 2016, at 12:51 PM, Chris Pedigo <Chris@digitalcontentnext.org> wrote:
>
> Matthias, can you provide more information on this?  What about the TCS is lacking from EFF’s perspective?
>
> 2. EFF believes that our proposed TCS does not satisfy the requirements of sites that focus on privacy and would also not
> be acceptable to privacy-aware users.

Peter seemed most unhappy with the breadth of data collection as a result of permitted uses. But see for yourself. The EFF’s version of DNT is a quick read, and lives here:
 https://www.eff.org/dnt-policy

Most on point from their FAQ:
 "I'm an advertising/tracking company and my business practices require me to set unique cookies or fingerprint everyone, even if they have the DNT flag set. Is this policy for me?

 No. This policy is not intended to be compatible with businesses practices that involve the non-consensual collection of Internet users' reading habits or online activities. It is a document intended to give users strong privacy protections, which means that in the current Web environment only some companies are going to be willing and able to post it.”

For more detail, I think you’ll have to ask EFF directly.

 Aleecia