From: Wendy Seltzer [mailto:wseltzer@w3.org]
Sent: 15 July 2016 17:05
To: Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) <mts-std@schunter.org>; public-tracking@w3.org
Subject: Re: TPWG Charter

Hi TPWG participants,

Seeing limited conversation here, and no input from adopters of the
technology, I lean toward not rechartering the group at this time,
while continuing to track implementation and adoption.

We can keep using the public-tracking mailing list and wikis, under the
auspices of the Privacy Interest Group (PING, join for broader
discussion, if you like, at https://www.w3.org/Privacy/).

The CR documents we published will of course remain available for
reference, implementation, and use:
 TPE: https://www.w3.org/TR/tracking-dnt/
 TCS: https://www.w3.org/TR/tracking-compliance/

If interest in DNT picks up, we can reopen the Working Group to complete
the interop testing and editing necessary to take the specs forward to
Recommendation.

How does that sound?

- --Wendy

On 07/01/2016 07:39 AM, Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>

> thanks for the positive responses. It is a good point that people who
> want to implement DNT better get guidance to do so in an interoperable way.
>
> I would also like to hear the opposite opinions: Are there objections to
> extending the charter and finalizing the documents?
> Is there a downside to extending the charter, reviewing implementations,
> and publishing a final recommendation?
>

> Regards,
> matthias
> Am 01.07.2016 00:10, schrieb Craig Spiezle:
>> I third it.  As noted we are seeing an uptake of sites disclosing if they Honor DNT and a renewed interest among publishers.   Honoring Do Not track is much suddenly become more attractive then Ad blockers.

- --
Policy Counsel and Domain Lead, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
https://wendy.seltzer.org/        +1.617.863.0613 (mobile)