Re: Draft letter to EU W3C Members - V03

On 2016-08-31 05:48, Shane M Wiley wrote:
> I'd recommend you use language that is a bit more cautious and avoids
> speaking to absolutes:

Maybe it is because I am not a native speaker, but I read "We believe...
may..." already as (overly) cautious and completely bereft of absolutes.
The facts are that in the European context consent is a requirement and
the current practices of cookie shades are neither meaningful nor a good
UX. So any less intrusive way to ascertain consent or a lack thereof in
a regulatory environment that is keen on consent can be assumed to
simplify compliance. No need to introduce phrasing that in some
engineering circles might somewhat rudely be labeled as "weasely".

Regards,

  Walter