RE: tracking data (was Re: [TCS] comments on 17 Feb 2015 editors draft)

Shane,

They entered the scope, and have been in the actual text, of the document for years, see my email to Justin.

Mike

From: Shane M Wiley [mailto:wileys@yahoo-inc.com]
Sent: 09 April 2015 17:21
To: Mike O'Neill; 'Walter van Holst'; 'Justin Brookman'; public-tracking@w3.org
Cc: vtoubiana@cnil.fr; rob@blaeu.com
Subject: Re: tracking data (was Re: [TCS] comments on 17 Feb 2015 editors draft)

Mike,

Personal identifiers have never entered the scope of the text despite your repeated attempts here - and the CfO supported that outcome.  We can cover this again as I appreciate how frustrating it can be to have a topic you care about covered while you're not on a call - BUT I will be holding firm from attempts to on-board the concept of device identifiers in the scope of DNT.

- - Shane

Shane Wiley
VP, Privacy & Data Governance
Yahoo