Re: link shorteners etc.

On 2014-06-26 03:05, Chris Pedigo wrote:
> Thank you Walter for pointing out that consumers are not surprised by
> tracking within a 1st party context.

That is not what I wrote, Chris. I wrote that it is a different problem
than the problem this group intends to address.

For the record: this group chose long before I joined to give 1st
parties a blanket exemption. While I think that is overly broad, I also
think that the nature and impact of tracking within a single context is
by and large of a different order of magnitude than that of tracking
across different contexts. The ability to achieve something on the
latter problem justifies putting 1st party tracking on a back burner
*provided* that there aren't loopholes for 3rd parties that also happen
to be 1st parties at times.

Regards,

  Walter