RE: issure-219

Hi Ninja,

It is a friendly amendment to Walter’s and also John’s detached append sentence from issue-170

Mike

From: Ninja Marnau [mailto:ninja@w3.org]
Sent: 25 June 2014 16:00
To: Mike O'Neill; 'Justin Brookman'; Walter van Holst; rob@blaeu.com; jeff@democraticmedia.org; Alan Chapell
Cc: public-tracking@w3.org
Subject: Re: issure-219

Mike, is this meant as a friendly amendment to Walter's proposal or a new one?
Am 25.06.14 16:29, schrieb Mike O'Neill:
Hi Justin,

So we are already OK, I missed that.

The proposal then becomes simply:

If a third party receives a DNT: 1 signal then:

1. the third party MUST NOT collect, retain, share, or use data related to the network interaction as part of which it received the DNT: 1 signal;

2. the third party MUST NOT use data about the user gathered in another context, including when it was a first party.

I would also add the new sentence about unique identifiers, along with the proposal for limiting their duration if for a permitted use, but maybe that will need its own CfO?

3. the third party MUST NOT store in the user-agent, or derive from data already stored, any unique identifiers.

Mike

Mike O'Neill
Technical Director
Baycloud Systems