Re: link shorteners and redirections

Hi Mike and TPWG,

Thanks for the concrete text proposal here. I've added it to the wiki (it seems similar to Walter's previous text, so maybe we can consolidate the two): https://www.w3.org/wiki/Privacy/TPWG/Change_Proposals_on_link_shorteners_and_ID_providers

I think an example might be useful to explain what I've suggested on past teleconferences on this issue. Perhaps if we added this example text at the end of the first party interaction definition:

> When a user selects a link or submits a form to navigate between two pages, she may have first-party interactions with both the source and destination sites, which may be operated by different parties. Redirection (for example, a link shortener, accomplished via an HTTP redirect or a JavaScript location change) might be conducted by service providers to the source or destination site, or as a third party to the user's navigation.

Not everyone, myself included, assumes that clicking a link will actually cause communication with the source page, but I think that's becoming an increasingly common Web interaction -- typically accomplished with click event handling. When the group has discussed that in the past, I think Lee may have been the only to suggest we treat it otherwise, and it sounded like we had consensus to move forward with this approach.

Mike, Walter, or others who have proposals for this, would this example be sufficient that we wouldn't need to change any of the definitions?

Thanks,
Nick