Policing add-ons, Re: Agenda for January 15

On 2014-01-16 12:52, Joseph Lorenzo Hall wrote:

> Are we misunderstanding you? Or would a modifier simply be creating a
> non-conformant UA and not violating the terms of any of the vanilla
> FOSS licenses?

I am having consultations with, among others, the authors of the MPL on
this. While still not being convinced for a material need for a
requirement like this to begin with. I will keep the WG posted of the
outcomes of that (including me potentially just being wrong here).

As far as the more permissive FLOSS licenses such as BSD/MIT/Apache are
concerned I don't see a problem in this regard.

Lastly, I also have the practical question how the text proposed by
David Singer can work in case intermediate network equipment inserts a
DNT signal.

Regards,

  Walter