Re: fyi: doNotTrack attribute in API

On Jan 14, 2014, at 11:14 AM, Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) wrote:

> Hi TPWG,
>

> enclosed some technical feedback received via the public mailing list.
>

> I appreciate the feedback and deem the changes to be non-controversial,
> and I have asked Roy/David introduce corresponding edits.
>

> Please comment if you see a need for further discussion in the WG before fixing the spec.

The main point reflects the discussion of the WG.  The second point about
readonly can be fixed.

The browser implementations were premature (and undefined). In this case,
it is desirable to supplant those implementations as out-of-date.
Concern about deployed content being broken is not yet relevant given
the lack of implementation by sites.

>  Also, why is it not read only in the spec? It’s implemented as readonly in browsers - and it wouldn’t make any sense to make it writable … I’m sure it’s just an oversight :)

Yes, that was an oversight and has been corrected.  Thanks.

....Roy