Re: Resuming work on the TCS

Thanks Carl -

Can you share more information regarding the chairs' decision to move
forward?

Justin indicated on last week's call that he was willing to honor the will
of the group. Your rationale below clearly takes into consideration the
opinions of the group members who want to move forward immediately, but does
not demonstrate that any consideration was given to the feedback from group
members who want to incorporate learnings prior to moving forward. This
approach has become all too common recently. This is particularly troubling
given that such feedback was provided by those who will be tasked with
implementing this standard.

Moreover, why wasn't this issue decided by the will of the group with a CFO?

I recognize that W3C process allows for issues to be re-opened with new
information.  While I'm sure it has happened at some point, personally, I
can't recall a recent instance where an issue has been reopened in this
working group. Given that the opinions of the chairs and w3c staff are
abundantly clear in this area, it would seem that the bar for re-opening an
issue here is that much higher.

If you could shed some further light on your rationale, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Alan