Re: our Limit Ad Tracking

I think the issue of whether Apple’s advertising identifier (IDFA) is really “non-personal” is open to discussion.  It has a variety of uses and there are other approaches that enable a targeted user match.
  See, for example,  http://www.inmobi.com/blog/2014/05/06/idfa-and-how-to-avoid-getting-your-app-rejected-by-itunes; http://www.adexchanger.com/mobile/apple-throws-a-bone-to-app-marketers-blesses-idfa-for-attribution/;http://www.adexchanger.com/mobile/openidfa-creator-this-will-be-the-snapchat-of-device-ids/

While Apple is clearly very thoughtful about a great deal of this, the use of terms like non-personal need to be assessed in the context of actual business practices.

Jeffrey Chester
Center for Digital Democracy
1621 Connecticut Ave, NW, Suite 550
Washington, DC 20009