Re: Questions/Comments on the current Compliance Spec Draft

On Sep 23, 2013, at 11:39 AM, David Singer wrote:

> Hi Vinay, friends
>
> Matthias asked me to take a look, as one of the editing team, and suggest what was editorial and what you should probably raise an issue about.

The goal of this short-term exercise is to fix at least some of
the editorial mistakes that were made in crafting the June draft,
including the arbitrary addition of non-editorial text,
that should have been fixed prior to WD publication just like
we have for all of our prior WDs.

In other words, there are editorial ways to address the objections
to publication of the WD, and accomplishing that in short order is
what was promised by the chair.  Those changes are not necessarily
editorial in nature.

The fix is either to change the text as requested, add a
parallel option text in the draft (with option boxes), or
remove the current text from the draft pending issue resolution.
If it is editorial (and most are), then changing the text is
easiest.  Otherwise, I prefer options boxes over removing the
old text, since the latter causes more editorial churn.

....Roy