Re: DAA departing & moving forward

From: Walter van Holst <walter.van.holst@xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 15:52:55 +0200
To: public-tracking@w3.org
On 2013-09-17 15:16, Peter Swire wrote:

> Going forward, there are cogent reasons for stakeholders to continue
> to work, inside and outside of W3C, to develop standards and good
> practices for commercial privacy on the Internet.
>
> We knew coming in that this was a hard problem. It remains a hard
> problem. The procedures at W3C this summer are not the reason that it
> became hard.

Dear Peter,

This indeed pretty much sums up the situation. As far as I am concerned
that while there is some blame to be passed around, the biggest obstacle
has been the (perceived) lack of common ground between the various
stakeholders.

I still have some hope for a meaningful standard, but it has been
greatly diminished in the last year. Let's see what we can salvage.

Regards,

Walter