Re: Agenda for the Sept 11 call (V01)

Hi Matthias,

On 2013-09-05 7:35 AM, Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) wrote:
> 6. Publication of the current editor's draft as a working draft:
> http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/drafts/tracking-compliance.html
>     I have asked our editors to
>         - insert a disclaimer that this is only the current starting
> point of our
>             discussion and that the text is not consensus of the group.
>         - to list the issues currently open
>         - Indicating that more issues can be raised until October 02.
>    Discussion (you may email before the call, too):
>    What are additional concrete changes to the text that are essential
> before we publish?
In my view, we're not ready to publish this as a Working Draft. There
are too many open issues and questions about the process going forward.
According to W3C process, publication of a Working Draft is an
indication to the world at large that the doc is approaching last call
and is ready for broad public review. I don't think we're there yet. I
would ask that we hold on doing this until things settle a bit.

Much thanks.

Regards,

David