RE: Please Re-Open Issue-47

Actually - we can use Issue-45 as this is discussed there as well and it's still open.

- Shane

From: Shane M Wiley
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 11:45 AM
To: public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)
Subject: Please Re-Open Issue-47

TPWG Co-Chairs,

I respectfully request we reopen Issue-47 due to change in course for the Working Group.  We have a place in the TPE to allow a Server to respond with further information about their compliance with DNT in human readable form (well-known URI location) which allowed this issue to be originally closed.  I believe we now need a more structured method to indicate a specific compliance regime that a Server is supporting and I'm not sure the current link approach provides enough structure.

This could be a net new issue but some of that conversation was contained around this issue but basically at TPE field/well-known URI location that designates the compliance regime would fit this need (name of compliance standard, link to definitions, link to deeper details).  This would allow the browser to communicate to users the compliance regime in a more stable fashion (for example, this site supports DAA Compliance requirements).

- Shane