Re: tracking-ISSUE-219

Thanks, Walter, and thanks for highlighting the situation, Justin.

I've created a separate page tracking change proposals for issue-219, and renamed issue-219 to be specific to limitations on use in a third party context of data collected in a first party context. (Walter, I believe that to be the aim of your change proposal, but if you think I've misunderstood, please correct me.)

http://www.w3.org/wiki/Privacy/TPWG/Change_Proposal_Limitations_on_use_in_Third_Party_Context

Two existing change proposals (from Alan and Yianni) we had tracked under issue-170 (first-party compliance) were specific to this topic, so I've moved those over, along with Walter's proposed change and Rob's proposed no change. Walter and Alan, it may be that you can combine your proposals and if so -- great! (I personally find it easier to understand Walter's text change, for what it's worth.)

John Simpson, your proposal regarding first-party compliance had three parts to it, of which the last is a prohibition similar to what Walter has described. I suspect that it would actually be clearer to have that text in the third-party compliance section, but in the meantime, that bullet is still in the change proposal for issue-170, and I've added a link on that page over to issue-219, since there is that overlap.

Thanks,
Nick