Re: change proposal to issue-25

Colleagues:

DNT is meant to be a simple mechanism that allows a user to control a wide range of tracking--not just classical OBA.  We will compare the final spec against what Yahoo, Google and most others do--the full range of tracking and targeting routine in the marketplace.  I suggest that the WC3 and its member companies working on the spec will look foolish to consumers--and liable for further regulatory action--if DNT is made to be DPTM--do please track me.  The so-called granular controls should not permit the real-time granularity of consumer tracking techniques faced by online users.  I propose we set aside a few weeks and do a drill down on how Yahoo, Adobe and other leaders collect data from users (real-time data append, offline/online, role of data brokers, rich media, cross device, etc).  Then devise a plan to really address it thru DNT.

Any takers?

Regards,

Jeff

Jeffrey Chester