Re: tracking-ISSUE-222 (personalization): Personalization or customizing of content should be allowed under certain collection/use limitations [Compliance Current]

On 02/10/2013 17:43, Tracking Protection Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:
> tracking-ISSUE-222 (personalization): Personalization or customizing of content should be allowed under certain collection/use limitations [Compliance Current]
>
> http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/222
>
> Raised by: David Wainberg
> On product: Compliance Current
>
> Many DNT proponents have expressed the view that personalization itself is not a problem, and not the target of DNT.

I am not sure what you mean by that. However, if a party were to base
its customisation on coarse-grained 'buckets' and not on individual
profiles I would be inclined to agree that this should be outside the
scope of DNT.

As always, the devil is in the details. Could you elaborate a bit
further on this in order to allow us to imagine what you are proposing?

Regards,

 Walter