From: Jeffrey Chester <jeff@democraticmedia.org<mailto:jeff@democraticmedia.org>>
Date: Tuesday, October 1, 2013 12:51 PM
To: Alan Chapell <achapell@chapellassociates.com<mailto:achapell@chapellassociates.com>>
Cc: Mike O'Neill <michael.oneill@baycloud.com<mailto:michael.oneill@baycloud.com>>, Justin Brookman <jbrookman@cdt.org<mailto:jbrookman@cdt.org>>, "public-tracking@w3.org<mailto:public-tracking@w3.org> (public-tracking@w3.org<mailto:public-tracking@w3.org>)" <public-tracking@w3.org<mailto:public-tracking@w3.org>>, Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org<mailto:jeff@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: Issue:? Fingerprinting

Thanks Alan.  This is a serious issue for W3C.  Such techniques used by Adtruth and others, esp when used under First party exemption, weakens any DNT spec.

While 41st Parameter may have historically done security, Experian is in digital targeting business, as you know.  Adtruth and others are firmly there.

We cannot have exemption for fingerprinting due to the first party exemption.

Jeff

Jeffrey Chester
Center for Digital Democracy
1621 Connecticut Ave, NW, Suite 550