Re: ISSUE-184

On 225//13 8:04 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> I object to that.  Whether they are third parties or not is a
> function of the website.  There is nothing in our standard that
> requires a website to be functional in the face of DNT:1, nor
> will there ever be -- some sites have required user auth already.

Dear Roy,

A site that claims to respect DNT:1 while at the same time requiring a
user to be tracked by so-called third-parties is in my book not meeting
the overarching goal of this standard: allowing users to meaningfully
express their preferences regarding being tracked across different contexts.

I am looking forward to your thoughts on how to reconcile this.

Regards,

 Walter