Re: Proposal from Big Basin break out

From: Brad Kulick <kulick@yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 21:04:20 +0000
To: Walter van Holst <walter.van.holst@xs4all.nl>
CC: "<public-tracking@w3.org>" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Walter,

We did not explicitly discuss this point. Nor was there consideration to be prescriptive in this area. The intention is that IP address is  completely removed/replaced with geo data. The granularity of the geo data would be determined with relation to the risk of re-identification that should be managed by the data controllers.

Thanks,

Brad