Re: Call for proposals for ISSUE-194

Walter,

not even the data protection laws (except in Italy) protect
corporations. So what they do is a "security" setting that has nothing
to do with privacy. That's exactly the malaise that we are facing and
where the DAA seems to try to find a solution. You may now be right that
the intended restrictions don't do the trick. But what else could they
do?

And you're absolutely right to ask about the mobile web. We can NOT
exclude the mobile web. Ed Felten and David Singer tried to explain that
one can have a web interface to the tracking jogging watch that allows
to set all sorts of preferences. If we exclude this kind of scenario, we
would exclude many applications. So you're right to point us to the
issue.

 --Rigo