Re: TPE Handling Out-of-Band Consent (including ISSUE-152)

Responding to a DNT:1 signal with an acknowledgement that a company follows
DNT, and will abide by the restrictions (and permitted uses) therein, is
easy.  Responding with real-time lookups of whether OOBC exists is quite
difficult (in many cases impossible), especially for large-scale systems
that use CDNs and other distributed processing, and systems that do not
receive technical information required to perform OOBC lookups until after
some browsing has already happened.

If I understand the part of your proposal about the client-side software
overriding the user's DNT:1 with a DNT:0, I find that to be a troubling and
dangerous suggestion, far more open to abuse and less transparent to users
than non-real-time OOBC determination.

--ronan