From: Jeffrey Chester [mailto:jeff@democraticmedia.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 3:45 PM
To: JC Cannon
Cc: Chris Pedigo; Rigo Wenning; public-tracking@w3.org; ifette@google.com; David Singer
Subject: Re: DNT:1 and "data append"

For # 1, with DNT enabled, no third party data for user targeting.  The personalization issue has been used to cover up practices which impact privacy; we should discuss this.

In 2, if a user has DNT enabled, then online data from third parties should not be permitted for the targeting function.  Offline data that includes online information would have to adjust their product services.

Jeffrey Chester
Center for Digital Democracy
1621 Connecticut Ave, NW, Suite 550
Washington, DC 20009