Re: DNT:1 and "data append"

3rd data append companies bundle huge data sets that include public information, but also proprietary information.  Offline is also integrated with online as well.   I don't think (in the US) there is serious consent to the current state of data append.  This is not out of scope for a robust DNT spec.

Jeffrey Chester
Center for Digital Democracy
1621 Connecticut Ave, NW, Suite 550
Washington, DC 20009