Re: TPE Handling Out-of-Band Consent (including ISSUE-152)

Hi Justin,

IMHO the point here is what "real-time" means in the different scenarios.

If we assume that finding the out of band consent is a non-trivial
database query and takes -say- 3 seconds.

Then these 3 seconds can be spend during batch cleanup overnight
(discarding all data where you were unable to ensure that you have out
of band consent). It is also fine for a user to wait some seconds while
seeing a hour-glass "please wait until we have retrieved our data" at
the "control" web-page. However, waiting for 3 seconds before responding
to an http request will make the site very unresponsive.

Does this answer your question?

btw: I did not understand either what role the client-side UA plays (if
any).

Regards,
matthias