From: Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) [mailto:mts-std@schunter.org]
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2013 8:37 AM
To: Shane Wiley; Mike O'Neill
Cc: public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)
Subject: Approach to ISSUE-167: Multiple site exception

ISSUE-167: Multiple site exceptions
http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/167

Hi Team (and in particular Shane and Mike),

I have re-read the minutes and it seems to be that the right approach forward to ISSUE-167 (albeit not perfect) is to leave the API as it is for final call and then understand the implementation experiences.

We can then design a backward compatible way to add MultiSiteExceptions later.
One challenge to overcome is that we need to ensure that the envisioned method is secure, i.e., that one can only ask for exceptions for sites that one owns/controls.

Formally, I suggest to document this and mark ISSUE-167 as POSTPONED.
Are you OK with this way forward?

Regards,
matthias