Re: ACTION-371: text defining de-identified data

Shane and Kevin -- The phrase "user agent" in the text is intended to
refer to a particular user agent (not "Chrome 26" but rather "the
browser running on Dan's laptop". I hoped that would be clear from
context, but if it's not we can clarify. I may not be able to identify
your device per se, but can identify that this is the same browser as I
saw before. I think this is the case with using cookies, for example. It
seems more accurate to me than lumping it all under "device", and
appropriate since the text of our document is elsewhere focused on user
agents, unlike the FTC text.

Best,
Dan

--