From: Kathy Joe [mailto:kathy@esomar.org]
Sent: 09 March 2013 11:33
To: rigo@w3.org; public-tracking@w3.org
Cc: peter@peterswire.net; justin@cdt.org
Subject: New text Issue 25: Aggregated data: collection and use for audience
measurement research

Hi Rigo,

Thanks for your comments.  Reducing the calibration to a small percentage of
a specific group would create unreliable statistics because of bias, whilst
the objective of audience measurement research is to provide confidence in
the metrics.

The pseudonymised data is retained for that specific period so it can be
re-run if

month by month checks are needed, as required by the audience measurement
standards defined by the joint industry bodies overseeing media measurement
around the world which also manage the auditing in their particular market.

http://www.abc.org.uk/PageFiles/50/Web%20Traffic%20Audit%20Rules%20and%20Gui
dance%20Notes%20version2%20March%202013%20master.pdf

  http://www.i-jic.org/member.php?id=7
<http://www.i-jic.org/member.php?id=7&PHPSESSID=55143f172846ed39c7958cbeb837
a85a> &PHPSESSID=55143f172846ed39c7958cbeb837a85a

http://www.i-jic.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=55143f172846ed39c7958cbeb837a85a

Kathy