RE: DNT: Agenda for Call March 6

It really depends on how the session progresses. If click on an ad or link for Macy's within Facebook and go to a page that is totally branded with Macy's logos then I would feel that I am interacting with Macy's within the Facebook ecosystem. As far as your questions go, it depends on how I got to the page and how the page was branded hoping that I wasn't being misled along the way.

JC

-----Original Message-----
From: Bjoern Hoehrmann [mailto:derhoermi@gmx.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 5, 2013 5:46 PM
To: JC Cannon
Cc: public-tracking@w3.org
Subject: Re: DNT: Agenda for Call March 6

* JC Cannon wrote:
>Is it people's opinion that if I go to a vendor page on FB such as
>https://www.facebook.com/Macys, the user's interaction with the page
>should be treated as third party? As a consumer that would not seem
>practical to me. I would feel that I'm interacting with Macy's.

Could you describe how you determine for any given webpage whether you are interacting with your bank, your lawyer, your doctor, your priest, the federal government, and any other entity, in a manner that is com- patible with your determination above?
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjoern@hoehrmann.de · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de Am Badedeich 7 · Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de