From: John Simpson [mailto:john@consumerwatchdog.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 3:57 PM
To: Shane Wiley
Cc: public-tracking@w3.org public-tracking@w3.org
Subject: Re: De-identification and 3 data states?

Hi Shane,

I'm not sure if you understood what I meant. There may be "bad" DNT signals that don't accurately reflect a user's intent.  I'm not asking about those cases.

What I was wondering was how would data that came from UAs where DNT unset or DNT:0 be treated?  How would it be treated differently that the Red/Yellow/Green process described.

Would it not be simpler to treat all data collected the same way under this system?  How exactly would non-DNT:1 data be handled that differs from DNT:1 data?

Thans,
John