Re: limits on 3rd parties, connecting sections

On Jun 17, 2013, at 16:59 , Alan Chapell <achapell@chapellassociates.com> wrote:

> David, I think there's significant disagreement whether a DNT standard
> should solely focus on Third Parties.

That may be true, but I am making a different, and simpler point.

What we want you to do when do-not-track is requested, is to stop tracking (this is almost a 'well, duh').  We don't actually *say* that.  At the moment, that restriction belongs on third parties (modulo the discussion you want to have).

The third party section should start by saying this…

> On 6/17/13 7:45 PM, "David Singer" <singer@apple.com> wrote:
>
>> Section 5:
>>
>> It seems that we should use the defined term, and 3rd parties should be
>> barred from collecting or retaining 'tracking' information.  That's
>> basically what we're trying to do in DNT (limit 3rd parties' tracking)
>> but we don't actually say it :-(
>>

>> David Singer
>> Multimedia and Software Standards, Apple Inc.

David Singer