Re: ACTION-408 - security & fraud proposed text - Section 6.2.

On Jun 13, 2013, at 20:46 , Chris Mejia <chris.mejia@iab.net> wrote:

> CM:  Good catch on the word invalid in the heading-- that should have been
> changed in the subject line to "disingenuous".

This is at least an odd word to use.

"lacking in frankness, candor, or sincerity; falsely or hypocritically ingenuous; insincere: Her excuse was rather disingenuous."

so...

"I didn't give you my seat because I didn't realize that you are a senior citizen."  She's pretending to be naive, but is in fact simply self-centred; this is falsely ingenuous.

How this applies to web traffic currently defeats me.  Is it a technical term of art used in the security industry?

David Singer