Re: ACTION-408 - security & fraud proposed text - Section 6.2.

The old text did not adequately cover everything related to how industry security and fraud domain experts reasonably use data for site/service/network/user security and fraud detection/prevention/prosecution purposes.  In the time since that original text was drafted, industry security experts (including me, but not only me) have reviewed that text, and found it to be deficient for their purposes.  These good folks protect users and the Internet.  I represent them— I'm one of them.  So this is my proposal, based on domain expert knowledge, which also represents a reasonable compromise per Dan and Alan's feedback in the sub-group that worked on it.  If you have specific questions on the merits of my proposal, please ask.

Chris

From: John Simpson <john@consumerwatchdog.org<mailto:john@consumerwatchdog.org>>
Date: Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:13 PM
To: Chris Mejia - IAB <chris.mejia@iab.net<mailto:chris.mejia@iab.net>>
Subject: Re: ACTION-408 - security & fraud proposed text - Section 6.2.

This not attack.  It is a question seeking clarification that is meant for all of you involved in offering the new security text.  You, Dan and David.   Chris, you've been most active on the email chain, so most of the messages have been in response to you.

But could one of the three of you please explain what was wrong with the text many of us thought had consensus agreement and how your proposals fix that?

Thanks.