Action-231, issue-153 requirements on other software that sets DNT headers

From: Alan Chapell <achapell@chapellassociates.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 11:25:21 -0400
To: <public-tracking@w3.org>
Here is my updated suggestion for language pursuant to Action 231. Thanks
everyone for the helpful feedback.

A user agent MUST have a default tracking preference of unset (DNT is not
enabled; no tracking preference signal is sent). A user agent extension or
add-on must not alter the user's tracking preference setting unless it
complies with the rest of this document, including but not limited to this
Section 3 (Determining a User Preference). Software outside of the user
agent that causes a DNT header to be sent (or causes existing headers to be
modified) MUST NOT do so without following the requirements of this section;
such software also MUST ensure the expressed preference reflects the
individual user's intent.