RE: Batch closing of TPE related issues

UGE was designed to be a persistent store of the user’s granted exception to a party.  As we’re finding areas where this persistence will not appropriately convey to the Server through the User Agent, why would we not also allow the consent event to be stored elsewhere for those cases?  The UGE experience itself is a consent event, so I’m not sure I understand why this doesn’t allow for external storage like any other out-of-band consent event.

- Shane

From: Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) [mailto:mts-std@schunter.org]
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 5:40 AM
To: Rob van Eijk
Cc: public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)
Subject: Re: Batch closing of TPE related issues

Hi Rob,

Do I understand you correctly that
- you are concerned if UGEs are translated into out of band exceptions?
- you believe that the revocability of a UGE is an essential feature from your perspective
   (and undermining this feature by persisting an UGE as an out-of-band exception would undermine this benefit)?

If other people share this concern, we should provide clearer language that delineates both exception types. E.g.,  something like this
 - UGE and out-of-band cannot be used at the same time
 - If you persist a UGE in the browser, you are responsible for ensuring revocability
   (i.e., if the UGE disappears, then DNT;1 will be implemented and complied with)

Opinions / Feedback?

Regards,
matthias